The procedure for separating an Apple Watch from an iPhone is described in this article. Both the iPhone Watch app in iOS 15 through iOS 10 and Apple Watches running watchOS 6 or later are covered by the information.
How to Disconnect Apple Watch from iPhone on Phone
If you intend to sell, gift, or replace your Apple Watch with a newer model, you may want to unpair it from your iPhone. Here’s how to disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
- Click the iPhone’s Apple Watch app.
- On the screen’s top, select My Watch or All Watches.
- The Info icon next to your watch should be tapped.
- On the Apple Watch pairing screen, select Unpair.
- You must specify what to do with your monthly cellular plan if your Apple Watch has cellular data capabilities. Tap Keep Plan if you want to continue pairing this Apple Watch and iPhone. Tap Remove Plan to make room for another Apple Watch and iPhone pairing. To verify, tap.
- When prompted, enter the password associated with your Apple ID. If you wish to disable functions like Find My Watch and Activation Lock, you must do this.
- Select Unpair [Name] Apple Watch under Unpair Apple Watch.
Because the information on the watch is saved on your iPhone, the unpairing process takes a little while. You’ve finished unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone when it reboots to the language selection screen.
How to Cut Off Apple Watch and iPhone Connection Using the Watch
The Apple Watch can also be unpaired by using the device itself. While doing so resets the watch to its factory defaults, it doesn’t get rid of Activation Lock. To do that, follow the steps above to unpair the watch from the iPhone.
Without disabling the Activation Lock, unpair the two watches on the watch:
The app screen will open when you press the Apple Watch crown.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Click General.
- Click Reset by scrolling down.
- Click Erase All Content and Settings.
- the password you chose. For cellular versions, you can decide on the watch whether to keep or cancel your cellular plan.
- Decide on Erase all. This operation resets your Apple Watch to its default settings.
Before it is deleted, your Apple Watch data is stored on the iPhone.
Steps to Take When Purchasing a New iPhone
After this unpairing process, create a backup of the old phone in case you decide to upgrade. As previously said, the data from your Apple Watch was stored on your phone when you unpaired it from the phone.
Restore the backed-up data, including the watch data, to the newly activated iPhone.
When the new phone is set up, follow the regular procedures to link your Apple Watch with it.