Facebook requires you to provide your birthday when you sign up for an account. The site will incorporate this detail into your profile automatically. This way, your friends will be able to celebrate your birthday with you and know exactly when you’re turning another year older.
- You can prevent Facebook from sharing your birthday publicly if you prefer.
- Date your birth differently.
- To change your profile picture, go to your main profile and then click your picture.
- Select “About” from the main menu, then “Contact & Basic Info” on the left.
- To change your birth date, please scroll down and click the right arrow.
- To change your birthday and who can see it, use the respective pull-down menus.
- Verify your age by clicking the box next to your birth date.
- Pick the Save option.
By modifying the visibility settings, you can control who sees your birth date. Next to your birthday, you’ll see two drop-down menus: one for the day and month, and another for the year. If you don’t tell your friends your birthday’s specific day and month, they won’t know to wish you a happy birthday.
Your primary Facebook profile’s birthday will be shared with any additional profiles you have. While you can’t edit your birth date across all of your Facebook profiles, you can control who sees it.
Also Read: Artifact, the News App Created by The Co-Founders of Instagram, Is Now Available to Everyone.
Delete My Facebook Birthday Announcement!
Facebook requires you to provide your birthday when you sign up for an account. The site will incorporate this detail into your profile automatically.
This way, your friends will be able to celebrate your birthday with you and know exactly when you’re turning another year older.
You can prevent Facebook from sharing your birthday publicly if you prefer.
- Suggestions for Keeping Your Birthday a Secret on Facebook
- Open up Facebook and sign in if you haven’t already.
- Select the option to edit your profile’s public information.
- Change your About description by clicking the link.
- Simply click on Basic Infoedit Basic Info on Facebook and proceed.
- To make changes, select the Edit option.
- Choose the Eyedropper to adjust the transparency settings.
- Choose an additional option by clicking here.
- More celebration choices on Facebook.
- Place a checkmark in the “I alone” box.
- Facebook only revealing my birthday to me
Well, that settles it. Your Facebook profile will not display your birthday to anyone who visits. There will be no birthday greetings from your friends. Brought to you by our advertising affiliates.
Also Read: VR platform aims to give retailers entry into the metaverse
The Best Ways to Avoid Receiving Birthday Reminders From Your Friends
Adjust your Facebook settings so that you no longer receive birthday reminders from your friends.
- Select Preferences
- Pick Your Facebook Time Slot
- the amount of time you spend on social media sites like Facebook
- Visit Notification Settings. Adjust your settings. Rely on Facebook to Manage Your Alerts
- To adjust your alerts, click on the Notifications tab.
- To adjust Facebook’s birthday notification settings, click here.
- To turn off birthday reminders, select Birthdays in the menu.
- Is it possible to turn on or off Facebook’s birthday reminders?
Accordingly, if you don’t want Facebook to remind you or your friends that it’s your birthday, and you also don’t want them to be reminded, you should take the appropriate measures.
If you turn off Facebook’s birthday feature, neither your own nor your friends’ birthdays will be displayed on your profile, and neither of you will receive birthday notifications. That’s a clever strategy for avoiding a deluge of birthday wishes on your wall and inbox.
However, if you are extremely forgetful and would benefit from regular reminders of the birthdays of your closest friends, you may want to enter this information directly into your calendar.
Also Read: Google’s $168 Billion In Ad Revenue At Risk In Supreme Court Case