Similar to the aforementioned question, many individuals store sensitive images in their personal accounts that they would like to remain hidden. Strangely, people don’t want to delete these photographs but instead, look for ways to hide them. There are typically two options for hiding your photos. One option is to save the photo to a secret album that does not require a password.
There’s also the option of using a password-protected app to secure them. Both of these approaches will be outlined in full detail here. Finally, we compile a list of further questions and our responses. We also cover some third-party apps that might help you conceal photos on your iPhone.
Method 1. How to Hide Pictures on iPhone by Using Photos App?
IOS has a built-in feature that allows users to conceal their images. To be clear, the images are not actually wiped from your iPhone; rather, they are just relocated to a secret album. Knowing that these are the steps you can take to conceal specific images on your iPhone:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone, then locate the image you want to conceal.
- To conceal something, click the Share button and then select the appropriate option.
- To confirm, tap the Hide button. A “Hidden” album will be created and the picture will be stored there.
How can you access these photos on a regular basis if you’ve stashed them away on an iPhone? Following these steps should help you locate them quickly and easily:
- Navigate to the Photos album tab.
- Go to the very end of the list, below Other Albums, and select Hidden.
- To reveal a hidden image, choose it, then hit the Sharing button and select Unhide.
Method 2. How to Lock Photos on iPhone by Using Notes App?
Is it possible to protect secret photographs with a code? You’ll learn how to securely lock photos in the next section. You may secure certain notes within the “Note” app on your iPhone. The notes can be password-protected or unlocked with Face/Touch ID.
This function can also be used to protect images within a note. First, you’ll want to copy the pictures over to the Notes app, and then you can go ahead and secure them any way you see fit. Here are the measures that must be taken:
1. Get started by opening the Photos app, choosing the files you wish to protect with Notes (you may pick several files), and then tapping the Share button in the app’s lower-left corner.
2. Select Notes from the available software by clicking on it. If you don’t see Notes, hit More, and it should be among the list of available apps; from there, you may choose it.
3. This will be a new note by default. In the space provided below, please provide a brief description of what it is.
4. Select “Save” to send the file to the Notes app. After that, you may swipe left on your new note in the Notes app and then tap the Lock button to secure it.
5. The use of Face or Touch ID for locking a note requires the creation of a password if you haven’t done so previously. You’ll need to remember this password in order to access any of the secured notes. This is the final lockdown of your iPhone’s photo storage!
Method 3. Protecting iPhone photos with a third-party app
We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions from app users before diving into the apps themselves. If you’re having similar thoughts, read on!
1. Can I Protect the Secret Images with a Password?
That’s not possible, sorry. Photos could be hidden on iPhones, but there was no password security option. If you’d like to encrypt your photos with a password, you can utilize the Notes app instead of the previously discussed technique.
2. Do iPhones allow for password protection of photo albums?
Absolutely not. However, you may select a batch of photos, send them to the Notes app, and then lock them all at once by following the instructions above. In most cases, the Notes app is your only in-built choice for protecting your photos with a password. To organize your photos, you can utilize a variety of third-party applications.