TikTok has one of the most effective algorithms currently available; the platform can acquire millions of users in a matter of days. So, unless you’re trying to make TikTok famous, you probably don’t want all of the platform’s users to see your posts.
Is it possible to restrict access to a video in some way? Or, will everyone see every video you upload to TikTok? Here, we’ll walk you through the steps of adjusting the privacy settings for your video, which is surprisingly simple.
Also Read: Following Too Fast on TikTok? Here’s Fix
Is it possible to prevent specific users from seeing your TikTok videos?
Video can be hidden from a single user or from a group of users on TikTok. Fortunately, this short-form video app called TikTok allows you to control how your videos are shared.
TikTok designed its platform with user agency in mind, so its users can do things like hide their videos from specific users or report abuse.
TikTok recognises the importance of privacy controls for its users.
You are perfectly within your rights to prevent your videos from showing up on another user’s profile if you feel threatened by the number of times they have checked videos that are similar to the ones you have posted.
Also Read: How Much Data Does TikTok Use?
Method #1: you can choose who can see your followers.
Here’s how to use a TikTok function to share or hide your list of followers with the world.
- Launch the TikTok app and sign in.
- After you’ve logged in, select the “Me” button from the menu at the bottom right of the screen. Selecting this will take you to your account page.
- The profile page’s navigation bar can be accessed by clicking the three vertical dots in the upper right.
- Go ahead and select “Settings and privacy” now.
- Navigate to the settings menu by selecting the “Privacy” button.
- To access the “Following List,” you’ll need to get to the “Safety” section and scroll down.
- Here you’ll be able to choose who has access to your list of followers. Click the “Only Me” button. All of the adjustments will be made mechanically.
Also Read: Why Are All My Videos Gone on TikTok?
Method #2: Make Your Profile Invisible to the Public
If you don’t want people who aren’t following you on TikTok to see your details and profile, including your list of followers, you can set your account to private.
- Launch TikTok and enter your login details.
- Find the “Me/Account” button in the system’s footer.
- Then, move on to the next step by clicking the menu button (three dots).
- If you want to protect your privacy and security, select that option on the next screen.
- Click the “Private Account” button in the right-hand corner of the following screen to activate it.
Also Read: Why Does TikTok Take Up so Much Storage?
Create and consume content with ease on the entertaining TikTok platform. The application can either be used for entertainment or to earn an income.
There are a number of reasons why you might want to keep your follower count secret from the general public or from people who don’t already follow you. Then, this article’s instructions are just what you need.
Also Read: How to Clear TikTok Cache on iOS & Android?