TikTok users frequently wonder why the app consumes so much storage space on their devices, despite the fact that there are ways to remove it. This is because of the app’s extensive video collection. Simply put, this means that TikTok will consume more space on your mobile device than the vast majority of other apps.
TikTok is currently the most widely used social media platform, with millions of users uploading tens of millions of videos every day.
Some people can spend hours every day just scrolling through their feed, as there are always new trends to see and participate in and new communities to discover.
However, some users have reported that the app devours enormous amounts of storage space—even gigabytes—on their gadgets. If you’d like to free up some storage space on your phone, you can minimise TikTok’s footprint in a few simple ways.
Also Read: TikTok Counter in Realtime
The TikTok app is too large, what can I do?
It is unclear why exactly TikTok can consume so much space on people’s devices; however, there are a number of potential causes and solutions.
Discard any work in progress.
TikTok users have the option of saving videos as draughts, and it doesn’t take long for some to amass hundreds of videos that can be quite a storage drain. One way to free up disc space is to review all of your saved draughts and get rid of the ones you no longer need.
If you decide you want to get rid of everything in your draughts folder at once, you can do so by deleting the app.
- To delete all TikTok data
- Bring out TikTok.
- Click the “Profile” menu item.
- Select ‘Settings and privacy’ by tapping the burger menu in the top right.
To clear your cache, go to Settings and then select “Cache and cellular data.”
Do a clean install of the app by erasing it and reinstalling it.
Deleting and reinstalling the app has worked for some users. Keep in mind that, as mentioned above, erasing the app will also remove any saved draughts, so be sure to save any you want to keep.
If the size of TikTok is bothersome, this is a possible solution that some users have found to be helpful in reducing the amount of space the app takes up on their device.
Remove the app and reinstall it.
Restoring your app to its factory settings is one of the most reliable options available. After an app is uninstalled and reinstalled, any and all data associated with TikTok is deleted, leaving the app in the same state as a freshly downloaded version. When it comes to clearing data and making room on the TikTok app, this is one of the quickest methods.
Keep in mind, though, that you will no longer have access to any of your data after uninstalling the app. Before using this workaround, be sure to back up any relevant draught videos to Google Photos, the camera roll, Google Drive, or another similar location.
- If you accidentally delete or uninstall the mobile app, you can always download it again from the relevant app store.
- Toss out your rough copies.
- Of course, if you’re a regular TikTok user, you’ve probably made videos in the past that you never got around to uploading. These videos are stored in the draughts.
- As time goes on and more of these movies are made, they gradually start to take up more room.
- It is recommended that you monitor these videos regularly and delete the data at regular intervals in order to free up space on your device.
- At this point, I should mention that the actual process of erasing draughts takes all of two seconds:
- Launch TikTok, and head on over to your account page.
- Locate the Drafts section of your account page.
- Now, in the upper right, click the Select button.
- Following that, choose the video or videos you wish to delete.
Finally, at the bottom of the screen, select Delete. To dismiss the window that appears, choose the Delete option.
Also Read: What Does the Chair Emoji Mean on Tiktok?
Can you tell me if draughts saved on TikTok take up any space?
This is a question that keeps popping up in online forums, and the answer is a resounding yes! The more videos you make but don’t share, the more storage space they require on your device.
When you do this with hundreds of videos, your storage will fill up quickly. Because of this, if you need more storage space, it is a good idea to go through all of your draughts and delete the ones you no longer need.