It’s difficult to operate your iPhone® much at all if the Power button is stuck or damaged. The good news is that most problems can be solved easily. Whether you want to learn new tricks for your phone or reset your AirPods®, Asurion can help you make the most of your technology. Listed below is our explanation of the potential causes of your Power button’s malfunction and advice on how to resolve it.
Why won’t your iPhone Power Button Work?
Your Power button not functioning due to one of several typical causes. They comprise:
- The Power button on your phone is blocked by a case.
- The button is soiled or damaged.
- On your device, there is a software or app issue.
- Your iPhone has a hardware problem.
- Here are a few simple solutions for your broken power button.
1. Check and Clean the Power button
How to Fix the Power Button in iPhone in 5 Best Ways?
- Check to determine if the case or any protective film is completely or partially obscuring the button by removing it.
- Examine the Power button to look for any damage.
- Look for dirt or debris near the button.
- Use a cotton swab dipped in some rubbing alcohol or a microfiber cloth to clean it.
2. Restart Your iPhone Using AssistiveTouch
Software problems could be to blame if the Power button is clean and undamaged but still does not function. You can reset your phone using the AssistiveTouch® feature without pressing the Power button in order to potentially fix the issue. As follows:
- Accessibility > Touch under Settings.
- To activate it, first tap the AssistiveTouch button, then tap the switch.
- Your screen ought now to display a little circle. Tap it.
- Restart by tapping Device > More. Next, be sure you really want to restart your iPhone.
- Check the Power button to determine if it is operational once your phone has restarted.
3. Lock your iPhone with AssistiveTouch
If the Power button continues to malfunction, you may have a hardware problem and should get a professional iPhone repair. Use AssistiveTouch to lock your phone and keep it safe while still allowing you to use it.
- Tap the tiny circle on your screen to activate AssistiveTouch.
- Navigate to Device > Lock Screen.
We’re just around the corner if you’ve done these steps and still need a little assistance. Our qualified technicians can fix your device as soon as the same day if you schedule a repair at the nearby uBreakiFix® by Asurion or Asurion Tech Repair & SolutionsTM location.
4. Protect Your Phone
Asurion has helped 300 million consumers safeguard, connect, and enjoy the technology they love most for more than 25 years. Smartphones are also not an exception. Your smartphone has information about your life; safeguard it. Find out more about the Asurion phone insurance options right now.