Do you know that you can make your TikTok profile invisible to the public? If you don’t want random people following you or watching your videos, this is a great feature to have. You can now make your TikTok account private by following these steps.
Differences Comparison of a Personal and Public Account
Private accounts restrict access to the account holder’s content, including the account holder’s videos, LIVE videos, bio, likes, and lists of followers and those followed. Videos uploaded to a private account cannot be shared via Duet, Stitch, or download.
But if you opt for a public account, your profile and videos will be accessible to anyone, whether they have a TikTok account or not. Your videos may be viewable by others, including the ability to Duet, Stitch, and download based on your Privacy Settings.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Keeping Your TikTok Account Secure
- TikTok makes it easy to restrict access to your account in just five simple steps. Here we will go over the steps necessary to make your TikTok account private.
- First, launch the TikTok app on your smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Second, select “Profile” from the menu on the right.
- Third, tap the menu button (three dots) in the upper right corner of your screen.
- To proceed to the fourth step, choose Security and Privacy.
- To make your account less accessible to others, follow steps 5 and 6.
The Step-by-Step Guide to Hiding Your TikTok Clips
Keep in mind the preceding discussion. In addition to deciding whether to make your profile public or private, you also have complete control over the level of secrecy for each individual video.
However, even if your profile is set to private, your videos can still be shared with your followers and connections. Your privacy settings can be modified either before or after you publish. Here’s what you need to do to prevent anyone from seeing your brand-new clip:
- Initiate the process by selecting the icon that looks like a camera.
- In the second step, select Who can watch this video from the Post screen.
- Third, pick a setting that protects your personal data.
- If you want to make a video that you’ve already uploaded public:
- Navigate to your Profile and locate the video you wish to edit.
- Second, hit the side-mounted three-dot menu.
- Third, scroll down and select the Privacy settings option.
- In the fourth step, you’ll get to select the audience for this video.
- Fifth, decide on a level of anonymity.
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Your TikTok Public
If you’ve set your TikTok account to be private but now want more people to be able to see your content, you can easily switch to public settings within the app. Here’s what you gotta do to get your profile out of the restricted area.
First, get the TikTok app up and running on your device. Navigate to your profile, click the three dots, then select settings and privacy, and finally, click the Privacy tab. To access the third step, tap the toggle icon next to the Private account. Then, after making your selection, tap the Switch button.