People might want to get back data from an iCloud Backup file for a number of reasons, such as to get back data they accidentally deleted or lost or to move content from an old device to a new one. Most people won’t reset their device before restoring it from an iCloud backup, though. This is because most of the time, resetting the device will cause data to be lost. All of your settings and all of the content that wasn’t in your most recent backup will be lost.
If you want to restore from an iCloud backup without having to reset your phone, I’d recommend iMyFone D-Back. It can recover all your data from iCloud and iTunes backups, and it lets you look at all your deleted files before restoring them. You’ll need a computer to do this, though. Get iMyFone D-Back for free right now.
This article will show you two ways to get data back from an iCloud backup without having to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
1. Directly Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup
Below is the official way to Restore from an iCloud backup.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer iOS or iPadOS version is available, download and install it.
- Make sure you have a recent backup. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Then check them.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap on “Choose backup”, then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
Read More: How AI Could Change the World Even More than Electricity or The Internet
2. Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup Without Reset (iOS 16 Supported)
Can You Restore from iCloud Backup Without Reset?
Yes is the right answer. With iMyFone D-Back (compatible with iOS 16/15/14/13), the best iCloud data extractor and data recovery tool for iPhone/iPad, you can recover specific data from your iCloud backup files without having to reset your device. It can get information from your iTunes or iCloud backup files and from all of your iOS devices. The special features of this programme make it easy to recover data in this way. Among them are the following:
- Restore over 22 file types such as contacts, photos, text messages, Whatsapp messages, notes and more.
- No data loss on your device after restoring iCloud backup.
- Allows you to restore particular files you personally need from iCloud without reset.
- Besides iCloud backup, it can also restore data from iTunes backup and iOS device directly.
- Supports all iPhone, iPad, iPod touch running iOS 9 – iOS 16.
- Super Easy operations and positive results.
Step 1: Choose Recovery Mode
Launch the program after completing the installation. From the main screen, select “Recover from iCloud backup” option. Click the “Start” button and select files.
Step 2: Select the Most Recent iCloud Backup
The program will ask you to enter the iCloud account details. Fill in with your login details so that the application will check for the available backup files in the account. From the available list, select the most recent backup file from which you want to recover data. Click “Next” to allow the program to download the backup files.
Step 3: Preview and Restore Files from iCloud Backup
iMyfone D-Back will then display all the results from the scan. Preview and choose the content you want to recover and then click “Recover.”
A small window pops up asking where you want to save the file. Choose a folder on your computer or make one, and then let the application do the rest of the work. Once it’s done, you can look through the folder to see the content that was recovered.
You don’t have to reset your device if you have an iMyFone D-Back iCloud data extractor. You can easily get the data you need from the iCloud backup file.
Read More: Is ChatGPT More Like a Real-Life Librarian Than Google?
3. Download and Restore Data from iCloud.com
One other way to access your iCloud Backup file is via iCloud.com. Follow these simple steps to do it.
Step 1: On your computer, log in to icloud.com using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2: All the backup files will be available on the site. You can easily access any file type by clicking on it.
Even though this is a safe way to get to your files, it has a few flaws. You might not be able to get to certain kinds of data, like WhatsApp attachments, SMS, MMS, iMessage, voice memos, and photo stream.
Here, you should have a good idea of how to restore an iCloud backup without having to reset your phone. I think you should try iMyFone D-Back because it won’t cause you to lose any data and the free trial lets you access and look at your own iCloud files. Just click the button below and give it a try.