The iOS 16.4 operating system update from Apple is currently in beta testing as of February 16. When will iOS 16.4 be made available to the general public? Software updates undergo multiple rounds of testing with developers and beta testers before being released.
According to Apple, the “spring” will see the release of iOS 16.4, as well as updates for iPadOS 16.4, MacOS Sierra 13.3, tvOS 16.4, and WatchOS 9.4. The season begins on Monday, March 20, and lasts until June 21. This is known as the spring equinox.
It’s probable iOS 16.4 will be published in late March, while we might possibly see the update presented in the first week or two of April.
While the amount of betas we receive fluctuates, we frequently see at least four or five before a public launch. To date, Apple has given us three developer betas and three public betas. In light of this, we receive at least one more beta, followed by a release candidate, which is a test version of a software upgrade that Apple sends to testers but isn’t quite ready for general distribution.
Given these dates, Tuesday, March 28, Tuesday, April 4, and Tuesday, April 11 are the most likely dates for the release of iOS 16.4. The Mondays and Wednesdays of certain weeks could potentially be viable release dates since software updates frequently occur on those days.
Some Past Beta Timelines for Recent Updates:
- iOS 16.3 – The RC was released on January 18 after two betas, a launch followed on January 23.
- iOS 16.2 – The RC was released on December 7 after four betas, a launch followed on December 13.
- iOS 16.1 – The RC was released on October 18 after five betas, a launch followed on October 24.
- iOS 15.6 – The RC was released on July 12 after six betas, a launch followed on July 20.
- iOS 15.5 – The RC was released on May 12 after four betas, a launch followed on May 16.
iOS 16.4 Features
Major update iOS 16.4 has a tonne of new features. The highlights of iOS 16.4 are outlined here, but our comprehensive guide contains information on all of the new features.
After launch, iOS 16.4 will be a free update that can be downloaded and installed on any device that can run iOS 16. One of the final significant updates to iOS 16 is likely to be iOS 16.4, as Apple will soon start working on iOS 17 in preparation for June’s WWDC event.