TikTok doesn’t have an in-app option to reduce the size of a video, so we’ll go over how to do that on your phone before we get into reducing the length of a video.
The InShot video editor app, available for iOS and Android, is a great way to standardise the process, as the features and dimensions of each phone’s camera are slightly different. You won’t believe how simple it is!
Also Read: Why Can’t I Repost on TikTok?
TikTok’s Preferred Aspect Ratio
Generally, TikTok works best with videos that have a vertical 9:16 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1080p x 1920p. The one-to-one proportion is also sometimes offered.
A black and empty side space bar will appear if you have uploaded a video in landscape mode. That’s because TikTok will instantly adjust the aspect ratio of your video to the best possible 9:16.
Also Read: TikTok Comments Not Showing? Here’s Fix
TikTok (iPhone) Allows You to Crop Videos
Utilization Capability Constructed In
Using the built-in function of an iOS device, you can crop videos and make simple edits. This tutorial will help you, the owner of an iOS device, crop videos. The procedure is as described below.
Pick a clip from your library that you’d like to edit down. The next step is to select the Edit option.
- Choose Crop > 9:16 > Done.
- Your videos can finally be stored. Select Save video or Save Video as New Clip if you want to reduce the overall length of the video at the same time.
- Clip Videos on TikTok for Android
You can use video editing software on your computer after you upload the video there to crop it. However, an Android device is the most convenient option. In this article, we’ll show you two easy methods: the first makes use of your Android device’s native capabilities, while the second makes use of a free app called Google Photos.
Also Read: How to Delete a Tiktok Story?
Utilization Capability Constructed In
Cropping videos with your phone’s built-in function is a great option if you’re not a pro editor or simply don’t want to spend the time learning how to edit. This built-in feature can only assist you in reducing the size of your videos to the ideal dimensions. The only two steps are outlined below, though individual Android models may vary slightly.
- To crop a video, simply choose the clip you wish to modify and then hit the “Edit” button.
- Choose Crop & Rotate and then select the 9:16 aspect ratio.
Also Read: Why Does My TikTok Keep Resetting?
An Image Search on Google
Cropping videos in Google Photos to a specific aspect ratio is a handy feature for Android users. Google Photos allows you to remove the black bars and crop the video to fit the 9:16 aspect ratio of TikTok. This app is available for no cost on Android and can be used to trim unwanted parts from videos. Here are the steps you need to follow to crop videos in Google Photos on your Android device.
- Access the video you wish to crop in Google Photos on your Android device. If you want to edit something within the app itself, you can do so by tapping the Edit button in its midst. When you select Crop, a cropping frame will appear around the video for you to adjust as needed.
- The next step is to select Edit. There will be more tools at your disposal for creating the perfect video. Select Crop from the submenu. Pick the appropriate aspect ratio before saving your video.
- Last but not least, the video can be resized to any aspect ratio by hand using the cropping sliders. To save your edited video, select the option to do so at the video’s conclusion by tapping the Save copy button.
Also Read: How to Have No Profile Picture on TikTok?
To Edit Your Videos on TikTok, You Can Use One Of Three External Services.
Numerous websites and high-quality mobile apps exist specifically for trimming and editing video. Here, we’ll introduce you to three websites where you can crop your videos. Many people are glad to see the public embrace third-party tools like Clideo, KAPWING, and PROMO. One of them will work for you; just pick the one that seems most reasonable.
Clideo is a web-based video cropping service that supports all common file types. You can use it by uploading videos directly from your browser to their websites. After making any necessary adjustments, your videos are ready to be transferred to your mobile device. A video of any size can be created with this programme, including the one required by the trendy app TikTok.
Many people rely on KAPWING KAPWING as a reliable video editing tool. As a result, making content and editing videos is now a simple and straightforward process. TikTok allows users to crop videos from multiple sources, including their own. In addition, even if you’re just starting out, you won’t have any trouble picking up and using KAPWING on your own. Features are so refined that success as a YouTube star is no longer a pipe dream.
Also Read: Can You See Who Views Your TikToks?
The public seems to agree that PROMO is a great video editor. TikTok makes it simple to crop videos as needed. With this software, you can make videos for social media, for your products, to explain a concept, and more. But remember that PROMO is usually contracted by companies and organisations.