With its innovative and entertaining features, TikTok has quickly become a global phenomenon. Yet there are times when it seems like you have no control over the situation. And malfunctioning TikTok notifications is one of them. Read on to discover more about these alerts, the potential causes of their failure, and, finally, how to fix them.
Also Read: What Does the Chair Emoji Mean on Tiktok?
How do you receive alerts on TikTok?
A number of different alerts are available within TikTok to keep users interested and using the app. Users can get alerts about various interactions with their videos, such as when someone likes, comments, or shares them. In addition, users have the option of being alerted whenever a new follower is added or a new message is received. Additionally, TikTok can alert you to app-wide events, such as updates or new features. This is why TikTok offers a variety of notifications to keep its users interested and up-to-date with the app’s activities.
Also Read: What is TikTok Repost? How to Use the New Functionality to Repost
Indicators for Activating TikTok Alerts
First things first, check that TikTok notifications are turned on on your device. It’s worth looking into a few possibilities. At first, we’ll go over how to make sure the TikTok app is set up to receive notifications. Then we will demonstrate how to make sure they are activated on your mobile device, whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or Android.
Also Read: US approved $23b worth of licenses to ship US tech to blacklisted Chinese goes early last year- lawmaker
Here are some tips on how to use the TikTok app:
- Select the ‘Profile’ button on the far left. Then, in the top right, click the icon that looks like three parallel lines.
- Choose “Settings & privacy” and then “Push notifications” from the menu that appears.
- Initiate “Push notifications” by toggling the switch.
- You should check your phone’s notifications if they are turned on. Android users can access the “Apps” menu by swiping down from the top of the screen. Then, locate TikTok and click on the ‘Notifications’ button. Verify that the word “Allowed” appears.
- Users of iOS can also access their TikTok notifications from within the Settings app. Select “TikTok,” then “Notifications,” to access these alerts. Turn on the switch labelled “Allow Notifications” so that it glows green.
Also Read: What Does NPC Mean On TikTok?
Disable the Function and Start Over
You can try turning off your TikTok notifications and then turning them back on to see if that resolves the issue.
The Profile button is located in the screen’s lower right corner. For more options, select the three dots in the top right.
Check your account’s security and privacy options. In the Notifications tab, you can choose to receive push alerts. Select the types of alerts you’d like to receive from here on out.
Stop using them and exit the programme now. Launch the programme and see if you can activate them again.
Also Read: Twitter Implements its TikTok-like “For You” Timeline for iOS.
Please sign in again.
The inability to access certain features of TikTok, such as notifications, may be due to temporary errors in your user data. Try logging out and back in to your TikTok account to update your account information and see if that helps.
- To sign out of your TikTok account, follow these steps:
- To begin, launch the TikTok app.
- Then, navigate to your Profile and click the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to access your settings.
- The final step is to go all the way to the bottom of the page and click the Log Out button. Please restart your machine.
- Perhaps your device has experienced a temporary bug or glitch that is preventing push notifications from functioning properly. A device restart will reload all of its data and get rid of any errors that may have occurred.
- In order to perform a system reboot on an iOS device, please read the instructions below:
- Open the Assistive Touch menu and select the tab labelled “Device” on your device.
- Select “More” afterward.
- Once you’re done, select Restart to force the device to restart.
- Here’s how you can restart the system on your Android device:
Also Read: TikTok Counter in Realtime
Why aren’t my TikTok alerts showing up? Those problems can be solved by employing the solutions we’ve already discussed. If your child (or a child you know) spends too much time on TikTok (or any other social media app), you should install the AirDroid Parental Control app.
It’s also the most effective method of allowing your children some independence while keeping them safe online. Get it now and stop suffering from TikTok withdrawal tomorrow. We sincerely hope that this blog post was useful in resolving your notification issues, and if it was, Hey! If you’ve read this far, we appreciate it!